by Handcrafted Model Ships
FREE SHIPPING within Contiguous U.S.
Item #: HMS-FC-LIM-21
Ship Weight: 3.0005 lb
Ready for Immediate Display - Not a Model Ship kit
This limited edition model of the famous tea clipper ship Flying Cloud displays a wealth of detail parallel to that of the historic vessel that is still sailing the seas today. Renowned for her speed in a voyage that saw her travel between San Francisco and New York in 89 days and 8 hours, the Flying Cloud held the record for 100 years for the fastest tall ship to travel between these two points. Great attention to detail and precision were used in crafting this model to make it the perfect model of a tea clipper to put on display in your home.
21" Long x 6" Wide x 13" High (1:135 scale)
- Handcrafted from scratch by our master artisans
- High quality woods such as cherry, birch, maple and rosewood used in construction
Accurately hand-painted to match the actual tall ship Flying Cloud
- Authentic textured individual copper finish plates featured below the water line
Amazing Details, including:
- Three authentic scale lifeboats
- Metal anchors weigh aside the bow
- Metal railing used around the vessel
- 26 masterfully stitched, heavy canvas pin striped sails hold shape and do not wrinkle
- Taut rigging with varied thread gauge and color
- American flag hangs from rear rigging
- Figure head is finely painted white to match the actual Flying Cloud vessel
- Model is attached to wooden base to provide security so model does not fall over
Metal name plate is attached to wood base displaying the tall ship name Flying Cloud
- Extensive research of original plans, historic drawings, paintings, and actual photographs used to ensure the highest possible accuracy
Dimensions21 L x 6 W x 13 H in.
Item Weight3 lbs
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.