by Handcrafted Model Ships
FREE SHIPPING within Contiguous U.S.
Item #: HMS-India-LIM-15
Ship Weight: 1.9996 lb
10+ in stock
Ready for Immediate Display - Not a Model Ship kit
This limited edition model of the famous tea clipper ship Star of India displays a wealth of detail parallel to that of the historic vessel that is still sailing the seas today. Renowned for her speed and endurance sailing the open seas of the Indian Ocean, Atlantic Ocean and Pacific Ocean the Star of India will add the perfect nautical touch to your home. She is the second oldest ship still sailing regularly and the oldest iron-hulled merchant ship still floating. This model ship is the perfect gift to give to an executive or a historian with an affinity for naval ships.
15" Long x 4" Wide x 11" High (1:222 scale)
- Handcrafted from scratch by our master artisans
- High quality woods such as cherry, birch, maple and rosewood used in construction
- Accurately hand-painted to match the actual tall ship Star of India
- Authentic textured individual copper finish plates featured below the water line
Amazing Details, including:
- Three authentic scale lifeboats
- Metal anchors weigh aside the bow
- Metal railing used around the vessel
- 26 masterfully stitched, heavy canvas pin striped sails hold shape and do not wrinkle
- Taut rigging with varied thread gauge and color
- British flag hangs from rear rigging
- Figure head is finely painted white to match the actual Star of India vessel
- Model is attached to wooden base to provide security so model does not fall over
- Metal name plate is attached to wood base displaying the tall ship name Star of India
- Extensive research of original plans, historic drawings, paintings, and actual photographs used to ensure the highest possible accuracy
Dimensions15 L x 4 W x 10 H in.
Item Weight2 lbs
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.