by Pfizer Animal Health
FREE SHIPPING within Contiguous U.S.
Item #: LVS-003PFZ10-10
Ship Weight: 0.0595 lb
10+ in stock
This is an over the counter product - it does not require prescription.
Ships on ICE, Please choose 2nd day Shipping for this item. For Canada customers, please choose Worldwide Saver as the shipping method.
Vaccination of healthy dogs 6 weeks of age or older for the prevention of canine parvoviral enteritis caused by canine parvovirus (CPV).
Active Ingredient(s): VANGUARD® CPV (Killed) contains a strain of canine parvovirus propagated on an established cell line and is chemically inactivated.
Indications: VANGUARD® CPV (Killed) is for the vaccination of healthy dogs against canine parvovirus infection.
Dosage and Administration:
- General Directions: Vaccination of healthy dogs is recommended. Administer 1 mL subcutaneously or intramuscularly.
- Primary Vaccination: Two (2) doses should be administered three (3) to four (4) weeks apart. In puppies maternal antibodies may interfere with development of an adequate immune response. Although maternal antibodies to CPV decline at a constant rate, the age at which they drop below interference levels varies with the amount of antibodies absorbed from colostrum. Maternal antibody interference may persist through 16 weeks of age. Therefore, dogs vaccinated when less than 16 weeks old should be revaccinated with two (2) doses three (3) to four (4) weeks apart after reaching the age of 16 weeks.
- Revaccination: Annual revaccination is recommended.
- Store at 2-7°C. Do not freeze.
- Use entire contents when first opened.
- Contains penicillin and streptomycin as preservatives.
- If anaphylaxis occurs following use, administer epinephrine or equivalent.
- Although this product has been shown to be efficacious, some animals may be unable to develop or maintain an adequate immune response following vaccination if they are incubating any disease, malnourished or parasitized, or stressed due to shipment or adverse environmental conditions.
Trial Data: The CPV strain is selected for its antigenicity. The CPV antigen contained in VANGUARD® CPV (Killed) consistently provided protection following challenge.
Extensive tests conducted under controlled conditions demonstrated the vaccine was safe and efficacious. No postvaccination reactions were observed.
Extensive field trials performed by practicing veterinarians confirmed vaccine safety.
Presentation: 10 dose vials.
For veterinary use only.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.