by S&M NuTech
Item #: MD-16789
Ship Weight: 2.101 lb
This is an over the counter product - it does not require prescription.Greenies satisfy your dog's natural desire to chew. The consistency/ingredients have been shown to help reduce odors, control dental tartar (calculus), strengthen gums and diminish oral bacteria.
Some chew products contain other inert materials which are not digestible. All ingredients in Greenies the original smart-treat are highly digestible and, except for the palatability enhancer, are used in human food products.
Greenies prevent buildup of dental calculus, are exceptionally palatable, highly digestible and improve digestibility of other foods.
A leading dental research group found that giving dogs only one Greenies daily almost totally prevented dental calculus accumulation. On a scale of 0 for no calculus accumulation to 45 for heavy calculus buildup, the dogs given one Greenies daily scored an average of 3.3 compared to 26 when Greenies were not given. Statistically, this is a highly significant (<0.0001) decrease in calculus accumulation. Greenies dental attributes were developed primarily as a maintenance program for a dogs' teeth following cleaning by a veterinarian.
A study conducted by a leading nationally-know, highly respected, independent third-party testing research kennel, proved that most dogs prefer Greenies. When given a choice, 70% of dogs in the study preferred Greenies to a leading commercial chew treat. All dogs - 100% - preferred Greenies to a leading rawhide chew treat.
The same nationally-know lab also found that in addition to Greenies being highly digestible, feeding Greenies with other foods actually increases digestibility of those foods. Their research showed a blend of just 10% Greenies and 90% dry food increases protein digestibility in the food from 78.1% to 85.5% - a 10% increase. Digestibility of fat, calories, dry matter also increased. This ensures that your pet obtains maximum nutrition from its diet; in fact, your dog can obtain the same level of nutrition from less dry dog food when Greenies provided, so we recommend that you decrease the amount of dog food provided by 5-10%.
- Processed wheat product base with 52% protein - twice what is present in most dog foods
- Ingredients to reduce tartar buildup on teeth and enhance healthy gums
- Ingredients to freshen breath, control oral bacteria and reduce "doggie" odors
- Ingredients to supplement your dog's diet with nutritious protein
- Palatability enhancer for your dog's "taste buds" and enjoyment
Choose the Right Size Greenies for Your Dog:
- Greenies Jumbo for dogs weighing 100 + pounds
- Greenies Large for dogs weighing 50 - 100 pounds
- Greenies Regular for dogs weighing 20- 50 pounds
- Greenies Petite for dogs weighing 10 - 20 pounds
- Greenies Lil' Bits for dogs weighing under 10 pounds and all dogs under 6 months old
Greenies® Feeding Directions
- Greenies® are recommended for dogs over 6 months of age and over 10 pounds Feed the correct size Greenies® for your dog’s weight 1-2 times daily as a treat.
- Greenies® are not intended to be complete and balanced and therefore should not constitute more than 25% of your dog’s diet. A greenish color in the dog’s stool is a normal and harmless result of consuming chlorophyll, a key ingredient and natural breath freshener. As with any treat, always offer water after feeding.
As with any edible product, monitor your dog to ensure the treat is adequately chewed. Gulping any item can be harmful or even fatal to a dog.
- No Plastic!
- No Inert Ingredients!
- No Added Preservatives!
- No Artificial Colors!
- No Added Sodium Chloride!
- No Added Sugar!
- Crude Protein not less than .................................52%
- Crude Fat no less than ........................................4%
- Crude Fiber not more than ...................................5%
- Moisture not more than ........................................12%
- A Chew, A Treat
- Highly Nutritious
- Proven Effective in Preventing
- Buildup of Dental Tartar
- Formulated with Ingredients to Diminish
- Odors & Bacteria Plus
- Strengthen Gums and hence extend the life of your dog!
Gelatin, Wheat Protein Isolate, Glycerin, Soy Protein Isolate, Sodium Caseinate, Natural Poultry Flavor, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Vegetable Oil (Preserved with Propyl Gallate), Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Lecithin, Ground Flaxseed, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Monostearate, Monoglycerides of Edible Fatty Acids, Choline Chloride, Potassium Sorbate (A Preservative), Minerals (Magnesium Oxide, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Maganese Sulfate, Potassium Iodide), Vitamins (dl-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate [source of Vitamin E], Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride [Vitamin B6], Thiamine Mononitrate [Vitamin B1], Folic Acid), Chlorophyll.
Greenies the original smart-treat
- Cleans Teeth and Freshens Breath
- NO Grease Spots Left Behind
- NO Crumbs!
Greenies help satisfy your dog's natural desire to chew, for your dog's enjoyment and welfare; and frees you of daily brushing of your dogs teeth!
Greenies are TOTALLY EDIBLE
Except for the Palatability (Taste) Enhancer which is made specifically for dogs, all other ingredients are natural, human food-grade material.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.