by Abbott Laboratories
FREE SHIPPING within Contiguous U.S.
Item #: MD-14133
Ship Weight: 0.399 lb
This is an over the counter product - it does not require prescription.Description:
|The distribution of glucose between red blood cells (RBCs) and plasma in whole blood samples is different between humans1, canine, and felines2.|
|Species||Glucose Concentration |
|Glucose Concentration |
|Veterinarians depend on accurate blood glucose measurements to manage canine and feline diabetes. To ensure accuracy, a portable blood glucose meter must be calibrated and validated for species-specific blood.|
A study was conducted to compare the accuracy of AlphaTRAK meter and two human portable blood glucose meters against the reference method used by Antech Laboratories. This study concluded that 3,4 :
- The AlphaTRAK meter results were statistically equivalent to the Antech results.
- The human portable glucose meters tested provided statistically different results.
An accurate blood glucose result can be obtained in four simple steps.
- Insert the test strip.
- Press the "m" button to power on the meter
- As the device powers on, it will display a code. The code displayed MUST match the dog or cat code listed on the test strip vial. Change the code, if necessary, by pressing the "m" button to scroll down and "c" button to scroll up.
- Touch one sample area of the test strip to the blood sample (see right). Within 15 seconds, results will appear on the display screen.
The AlphaTRAK meter requires the world's smallest blood sample.
|System||Prep Time||Device Speed||Time To Result||Impact|
|AlphaTRAK Meter||5 - 10 Seconds||<15 Seconds||<25 Seconds||Immediate Clinical Decision|
|Human Meter||5 - 10 Seconds||<15 Seconds||<25 Seconds||Potentially Inaccurate|
|In-clinic Analyzer||5 - 10 Seconds||5 - 10 Seconds||10 - 20 Minutes||Delayed Clinical Decision|
|Reference Lab||10 - 20 Seconds||5 - 10 Seconds||1 - 3 Days||Call Back|
- Accurate blood glucose measurements for cats and dogs.
- Optimized treatment regimens.
- Ability to make clinical decisions on the spot.
- Designed for in-clinic and home use.
- Clinic and pet owner education materials are available from an Abbott Animal Health representative.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.