by DVM Pharmaceuticals
FREE SHIPPING within Contiguous U.S.
Item #: MD-16229
Ship Weight: 0.851 lb
This is an over the counter product - it does not require prescription.Description: GASTRICALM CHEWABLE TABLETS
- Chelated Zinc-Carnosine with Vitamin E
- Helps protect stomach lining from NSAID damage
- Speeds repair of damaged gastric epithelium
When the digestive process is upset, clinical signs of gastric distress occur.
- Loss of appetite
GastriCalm supports optimal gastric health without suppressing stomach acid or impairing the natural digestive process.
- Contains Zinc-Carnosine, a proprietary chelated compound that beneficially adheres to the gastric mucosa, providing an additional barrier of protection against damage.
- Stimulates mucosal defense mechanisms and promotes localized tissue repair of irritated stomach lining.
- An effective adjunct for dogs on NSAID therapy that can be safely given with other supplements or medications.
- Protects gastric mucosal cells from damage due to bacterial toxins, dietary indiscretions and NSAID use.
Gastric distress is a common complaint received from dog owners. The canine digestive process can take up to ten hours as food is slowly converted into nutrients and absorbed. After food is chew and swallowed, proteolytic enzymes and hydrochloric acid from gastric glands break dow proteins. In healthy dogs, secretions from mucus cells protect the gastric epithelium from damage and ensure a healthy digestive process.
The normal digestive process in dogs can be disrupted by a number of common factors. Aggressive factors include:
- Medications like NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs): Deramaxx, EtoGesic (Etodolac), Metacam, Novox, Previcox, Rimadyl, Zubrin.
- While necessary for the continued quality of life in dogs with arthritis, they can have the unintended consequence of of damaging the stomach lining.
- Bacterial infections and toxins
- Seemingly unrelated problems with internal organs like the liver or kidneys
Difficulties with the normal digestive process can quickly lead to gastric distress in dogs. Mucosal secretions decrease, limiting protection of the gastric lining from caustic acid and enzymes. Inflammation can lead to irritation and erosion of the stomach wall. If left unchecked, ulceration and other life-threatening consequences can result.The Science and Synergy of GastriCalm Cheleated Zinc-Carnosine
Zinc-Carnosine in GastriCalm combines elemental zinc and the di=peptide L-carnosine in a chelated, stable compound with synergistic benefits. GastriCalm chelate has been shown to be nearly 3 times more effective in healing gastric damage than zinc or carnosine alone, or non-chelated zinc plus carnosine.
- Zinc has well-known wound healing properties and promotes healthy immune functin to facilitate repair of damaged gastric epithelium.
- L-carnosine provides antioxidant activity to protect gastric epithelial cells from free radical damage.
- Chelated Zinc-Carnosine is structurally stable and not readily absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract for prolonged gastric activity.
- Zinc-Carnosine is safe for long-term use in dogs
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.