by Handcrafted Model Ships
FREE SHIPPING within Contiguous U.S.
Item #: HMS-Danmark-LIM-21
Ship Weight: 3.0005 lb
Ready for Immediate Display - Not a Model Ship kit
This limited edition model of the Danmark in an eye-catcher filled with amazing detail and fine craftsmanship. The Danmark is a Danish naval training cutter, and is still currently sailing today. Rich in history this vessel was once loaned to the United States to train Coast Guard cadets after the attack on Pearl Harbor. In upholding the spirit of the Danmark, our builders put a heavy emphasis on precision and detail worthy to compliment the brave individuals serving their country.
21" Long x 6" Wide x 13" High (1:144 scale)
- Handcrafted from scratch by our master artisans
- High quality woods such as cherry, birch, maple and rosewood used in construction
- Accurately hand-painted to match the actual tall ship Danmark
- White and red hull seperated by finely-painted green stripe where water line would be
Amazing Details, including:
- Three authentic scale lifeboats
- Metal railing used around the vessel
- 23 masterfully stitched, heavy canvas pin striped sails hold shape and do not wrinkle
- Taut rigging with varied thread gauge and color
- Danish flag hangs from rear rigging and masts
- Figure head is painted a gold finish
- Model is attached to wooden base to provide security so model does not fall over
- Metal name plate is attached to wood base displaying the tall ship name Danmark
- Extensive research of original plans, historic drawings, paintings, and actual photographs used to ensure the highest possible accuracy
Dimensions21 L x 6 W x 13 H in.
Item Weight3 lbs
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.