by VET Solution
Item #: MD-16000
Ship Weight: 0.4409 lb
10+ in stock
Pro-Pectalin Anti-Diarrheal Gel
VET Solutions Pro-Pectalin For Dogs and Cats contains Kaolin, Pectin and Microencapsulated Viable (live) naturally occurring microorganisms.
- Pro-Pectalin's unique formulation features:
- Enterococcus faecium, which is part of the normal intestinal flora
- Microencapsulation to help protect the bacteria against low pH stomach acids
- Kaolin, which soothes irritated intestines and absorbs water and excess bacterial toxins
- Pectin, which absorbs water and helps firm stool
Enterococcus faecium is thought to:
- Displace pathogenic bacteria from intestinal attachment sites
- Compete with pathogenic bacteria for nutrients
- Product bacterocins, compounds thought to be directly toxic to pathogenic bacteria
Pro-Pectalin is intended to help resolve diarrhea that may be caused by stress, antibiotic administration, change in diet or other simple, non-life threatening forms of diarrhea. the combination of ingredients in Pro-Pectalin is designed to help stop your pet's diarrhea, soothe irritated intestines and restore the normal balance of intestinal bacteria. Kaolin, a type of clay, soothes irritated intestines, absorbs water, and absorbs any excess bacterial toxins which may be produced when your pet has diarrhea. By absorbing water, kaolin helps to firm stool. The soothing action of kaolin will help make your pet feel better. Pectin is a form of fiber found in fruit. It helps to absorb water and firm stool. The beneficial bacteria found in Pro-Pectalin are freeze dried, microencapsulated Enterococcus faecium, which is part of the normal intestinal flora. Microencapsulation helps the bacteria survive in the very acidic environment of the stomach and move into the intestines. Once in the intestines, the bacteria will help restore the population of normal bacteria an eliminate bad bacteria by competing with bad bacteria for space and nutrients. Eliminating bad bacteria and restoring the population of good bacteria will help to restore normal intestinal function and eliminate diarrhea.
Guaranteed Analysis (per ml): Kaolin 0.6 g, Pectin 0.025 g, Direct-Fed Microbials 0.2 Billion CFU (Enterococcus faecium)
Directions for Use: Give Pro-Pectalin Gel orally every 8 hours, or as needed as diarrhea improves.
< 10 lbs, 1 cc every 8 hours
11-30 lbs, 3 cc every 8 hours
30-60 lbs, 5 cc every 8 hours
> 60 lbs, 8 cc every 8 hours
1 cc every 8 hours
Storage: Store at controlled room temperature in a dry location.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.